Seoul
International, Christian, American curriculum
Ages 2 to 18

Seoul Foreign School

CurriculumInternational, Christian, American
Age RangeAges 2 to 18
BilingualNo
International Baccalaureate Yes
Avg. students per class -
Max. students per class 25
First year fees: ₩26,360,950

Fees / Price

School fees, for a twelve year old child , in KRW

Yearly fees: ₩21,360,100
When you first enroll your children in the school, some extra fees are applied:
One time fees: ₩5,000,850
Total first year fees: ₩26,360,950
See full breakdown of fees

School Information

Number of students

1400

Number of nationalities represented in the school

50

Ratio of local students to international students

It varies from year to year, but on average 60% are US citizens; the remaining 40% represent 50 nations with the largest representations from United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Japan, India, and Germany.

Max. number of students per class

Elementary School: The maximum class size is 14 students in Early Childhood (PS and JK), 20 in Senior Kindergarten, and 20 in Grade One. In Grades Two through Five, the maximum class size is 22 students per classroom. Teacher assistants are provided up to Grade Two. In addition, parents and high school volunteers may assist teachers in the classrooms.

Middle School: The maximum class size is 22 students per classroom.

High School: Class sizes range from 5 to 25 depending on the course. Lower division classes tend to have more students while some specialized upper division courses can have very few students.

Does the school employ teaching assistants?

Yes

Native speaking teachers (in language of instruction)

Yes

Additional language classes offered by the school

Korean, Chinese, Spanish, French

Use of technology in the classroom

- Smart Boards are in almost all classrooms.
- Touch devices such as iPods, iPads and Galaxy Tabs are used mainly by students in Grade 4 and below.
- Laptop carts are used mainly by students in Grade 3 and Grade 4.
- Each of the school's divisions has at least one computer lab.
- Audio and video equipment is available in each of the school's divisions.
- High speed wired and wireless internet is available throughout SFS.
- Cloud printers which can print, copy and scan are available throughout SFS.

Do teachers assign homework to their students?

Yes

Approximate hours of homework given

Elementary School: The amount of time any student spends on homework assignments normally should not exceed 30 minutes per night for Grades 1-2 and 60minutes per night for Grades 3-5.

Middle School: Normally, sixth graders are assigned an average of about 90 minutes of homework daily; seventh and eighth graders about two hours. However, the amount of time a child spends each night will depend on his or her academic background, study skills, maturity level, and organizational skills.

High School: Normally, about 3 to 4 hours of homework per day should be expected; however, during exam times, more time may be necessary.

Uniform required

Students must adhere to a standardized dress code.

External examinations/assessments available

IB Diploma, IGCSE, PSAT, SAT

School bus service available

Yes

School start time

8:10

School finish time

15:00

Extracurricular activities or clubs offered

Fun and arts, ceramic craft, Hanji art, chess, Japanese club, computer programming, robot science, ballet, yoga/pilates, k-pop dance, Broadway hits, Disney songs, volleyball, table tennis, gymnastics, basketball, soccer, Taekwondo, fitness, tennis, fencing, cheer club, water confidence, self defense, Kendo, mixed martial arts, tennis, badminton, gymnastics, 3D printing, cricket.

School provided lunches

Yes

Sports activities included

Physical education

Sports facilities at the school

Playground, soccer field, gym, swimming pool.

Sports teams or sport competitions available for students

Yes

Qualities and characteristics best defining the school

Seoul Foreign School is a Pre K-12 IB World School, founded in 1912. It is widely regarded as the leading international school in Seoul. It offers an unrivalled 100-year+ legacy of educational excellence, international diversity and commitment to educating the leaders of the future. It is a non-profit school where 100% of your tuition directly impacts student learning.

Teaching approach of the school

Seoul Foreign School, centered in Christ, inspires educational excellence and promotes Christian values, personal integrity and responsible global citizenship through a dynamic international experience.

The Elementary and Middle Schools follow a US-style curriculum. In the High School Gr. 9-10 students may choose to take the IGCSE Program and for Gr. 11-12 SFS offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program.

Location

Get in touch with the school

School's webpage: www.seoulforeign.org
School's Fees webpage: www.seoulforeign.org/page.cfm?p=4
Address: 55-1 Yeonhui-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea