The latest “Schools of the Future” report from the World Economic Forum has found that students who wish to compete and succeed in the workplace of the future must learn a variety of important skills.
- Using technology efficiently
- Working well as a team member
- Thinking critically
- Solving problems
- Communicating effectively with others
- Taking ownership of learning
- Being motivated to create and innovate
- Being good global citizens
Schools are tasked with preparing students for the challenges of the 21st century, and those who receive a holistic education are most likely to succeed and be prepared for what awaits them as adults. Schools that prepare students this way are true "Schools of the Future."
As featured on the National Geographic Channel, GIIS is a school of the future and embraces new technology and innovative teaching methodologies. The Global Indian International School has a technology-empowered campus and offers a modern learning environment with collaborative learning spaces and over 40 skills-based labs to prepare students for what lies ahead.
As a parent, you naturally want your child to be ready for the future, whatever it may hold. You can help your child prepare for their adult life, their future career and university education by sending them to a school like GIIS, where everything from the curriculum, the teachers, the learning environment to the campus nourishes and enriches their minds and character. Here's what you need to know.
Using technology as an enabler
Modern education should use technology to help students hone their skills and sharpen their minds. Students must learn to embrace technology to be competitive in the workplace and beyond. That's why GIIS students have the opportunity to use technology in their classrooms in a conscious manner, so they can develop their competencies and become adept at using the technology they'll need for their future careers.
Digital classrooms at GIIS have high-speed internet, smart whiteboards, advanced audio-visual systems and more. GIIS teachers use a variety of apps to enhance student learning experiences. For example, the Toddle app is used by teachers to share assignments to primary students and share other information like a weekly roundup or photos of activities in class, with parents. Other apps currently used by GIIS teachers in primary school include Padlet, Epic, Seesaw, Google Classroom, Duolingo, Storypark, Scratch (for coding), Zoom besides others.
It’s also not about what the school offers but what students think and feel about the school.
Here’s what one of our students, Siya, a Grade 12 IB Diploma student at GIIS Smart campus, Singapore, says about her experience:
How GIIS Singapore is a School of the Future
GIIS provides students with a range of learning experiences and opportunities. Spread out over two campuses in Singapore, we offer the following to our students:
- Experiential learning opportunities. Our students enjoy several hands-on learning experiences, such as the chance to learn in skills-based studios, such as the radio and TV studio, the maker lab, culinary studio, music and dance studios, IT labs and more.
- International curricula options. GIIS uses the IB PYP, Cambridge CLSP, Cambridge IGCSE, IBDP and CBSE curricula to prepare students for university education and beyond. Our teachers regularly assess students and give them personalised feedback so that their learning is tailored to their specific needs.
- Experienced teachers with modern teaching approaches. Our certified and passionate teachers deliver a well-balanced, age-appropriate and adaptive educational experience to students. They ensure that students develop a strong academic foundation while nurturing their critical thinking, collaboration, leadership and other key skills necessary for the future.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Sports, arts and theatre facilities on GIIS campuses give students the opportunity to develop their talents and engage their creativity. Our students enjoy access to flexible and collaborative learning spaces that allow them to engage in projects and learn in peer groups.
- Well-rounded education. We encourage all-round development of our students through a holistic approach to learning. Teachers nurture students’ physical, social and emotional well-being and help students become the best version of themselves while making learning a more engaging and enjoyable experience. All students participate in a variety of co-curricular and extracurricular activities in school, which are included in the tuition fee.
GIIS’ School of the Future gives students unique opportunities
Students who want to be prepared for the future must learn in a futuristic setting. GIIS has embraced this futuristic setting by providing students with access to skills studios, the latest learning technology, modern apps and software that enhance and support learning, and modern infrastructure for sports, arts, music and more.
If you would like your student to benefit from attending school at GIIS, start by taking a tour of the campus and meeting our admissions team. Email or call us today to make an appointment and learn more about GIIS. We'll be happy to answer your questions and tell you more about our curriculum, facilities and learning environment.
*GIIS: School of the Future documentary premieres on 11th March, 2023 at 8 PM SGT on National Geographic Channel.