Quick summary of key school information
|Language of instruction||English and French|
|Native English and French teachers|
|Extra languages (other than English and French)|
All the details about this school in their own words
|Number of students||
|Number of nationalities represented in the school||
|Most common nationality||
Approximately 60 percent of students are U.S. citizens, and many hold both French and American citizenship. Most of the remaining 40 percent are French citizens who have spent a considerable amount of time in the United States or have had American schooling.
|Native English and French speaking teachers||
|Language support for students not fluent in English and French||
Not surprisingly, many American Section students arrive with little working knowledge of French. While these students pursue the normal American Section curriculum, the Français Spécial (FS) program gives them extra support in their first year by placing them with French curriculum teachers experienced in accommodating their particular linguistic needs. Thereafter, FS students attend normal French curriculum classes with the option to continue with French language tutoring as needed.
|Entry evaluation for students||
|Brief description of entry evaluation required||
While most applicants for grades 3 (CE2) and up are accepted on file, some children will need to be tested in English (or French for Français Spécial applicants). Tests take place on site and are usually scheduled in the spring.
|Deadline for registration (new academic year)||
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible after November 1st. The deadline for the first round of admission is April 1st.
|External examinations or assessments available||
French baccalaureate with International Option (OIB)
|School bus service available||
|School start time||
|School finish time||
Primary: 16:30, Wednesdays: 12:30
|Extracurricular activities or clubs offered||
Art, community service, Model United Nations, Human Rights Team, writing fellow, student council, student publications, Yearbook, drama and theater, musical groups, jazz band, soccer, chess
|Sports activities included||
|Sports teams or sport competitions available for students||
|Qualities and characteristics best defining the school||
The American Section program starts in Pre-Kindergarten and goes through 12th grade. The American Section provides a comprehensive international education within the context of the Lycée International, which is recognized as one of France’s top public schools. Students experience a unique hybrid of American and French curricula with particularly strong emphasis on language, math, and science. They also maintain strong links with their American culture while developing a consciousness as global citizens.
|Teaching approach of the school||
The American Section provides a comprehensive international education within the context of the Lycée International, which is recognized as one of France’s top public schools. Students experience a unique hybrid of American and French curricula with particularly strong emphasis on language, math, and science. They also maintain strong links with their American culture while developing a consciousness as global citizens.
American Section students get the full benefit of an excellent French public school education. In addition they spend 6-8 hours a week receiving US grade-equivalent instruction.