A classical, traditional TASIS education does more than prepare children to be successful at study – it prepares them to be successful in life. We don’t believe it’s enough to simply teach children math, literature, and science – the value of a complete education also lies in an appreciation for courtesy, respect, beauty, traditional family values, and creativity. We want your child to soar – to grow confident and courageous.
At TASIS Portugal, we consider the education of your child to be the product of a partnership; we encourage our parents to become involved deeply in the life and practices of the school.
When you trust your child’s education to TASIS Portugal, you can be assured of:
* A loving, supportive environment that encourages children to explore, to play, to collaborate - to be the best version of themselves
* An education that promotes a healthy and active body and mind with ample activity and fresh air, plus instruction in yoga, violin, chess, and coding.
* A content-rich curriculum that builds over time at your child’s pace, grounded in basic knowledge, skills, and competencies. We use the Core Knowledge Curriculum, as well as Singapore Math and Next Generation Science Standards – all research proven and highly successful
* Classrooms of no more than 22 students, attended by two full-time teachers (Pre- Kindergarten through 3rd Grade), or a main teacher plus specialty teachers (Grade 4 and above), for personalized attention
* Engaged, well supported, highly qualified teachers (TASIS schools are designed to attract teachers of the highest caliber from all over the world)
* A nonprofit Foundation that ensures the continuing development of facilities and programs, eliminating the need for additional family giving and safeguarding the financial stability and independence of the school