Quick summary of key school information
|Language of instruction||English|
|Native English teachers|
|Extra languages (other than English)|
This school does not make their fees public for the academic year 2020/2021.
All the details about this school in their own words
|Number of students||
|Most common nationality||
|Ratio of local students to international students||
12% local : 88% international
|Does the school employ teaching assistants?||
|Additional language classes offered by the school||
Arabic, French, Urdu
|Entry evaluation for students||
Interview and assessment
|Brief description of entry evaluation required||
Internal assessment in English, Math and Arabic.
|External examinations or assessments available||
|School bus service available||
|Dedicated staff/programs for students with special learning needs||
|School start time||
|School finish time||
|School provided lunches||
|Sports activities included||
|Qualities and characteristics best defining the school||
Dubai Carmel School is a private institution approved by the Ministry of Education, Dubai and is licensed by the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority).
Almost every student today needs a role model to mentor and inspire them, to guide them to use their knowledge productively, especially to create something new. The school's goal is to provide holistic education. DCS motivates them to excel in every walk of life, inspiring and challenging them so that they can be directed towards a purposeful and successful journey in life to be the noble citizens of tomorrow.
|Teaching approach of the school||
DCS follows the Cambridge International Curriculum right from primary level to secondary, IGCSE O levels and A Levels in conjunction with social, moral, religious and cultural values of UAE. The curriculum is enriched with ample extracurricular and co-curricular activities to develop creative thinking and analytical skills in our students.
The curriculum is designed with the following key points:-
1. The curriculum is designed taking into consideration all the stakeholders which not only include parents, teachers and students but also the educational institutions where the students may have to carry on their further activities and the organizations for which they might work for in future.
2. The curriculum is enriched with extracurricular activities, group assignments and research work in every subject.
3. The curriculum is wide to suit the needs of different students to move towards science or business side in their future and special need students are also taken care of.
4. Curriculum is updated on yearly basis to reflect the changes in IGCSE curriculum as well as to keep it dynamic with the changing technology and educational fields.
5. Curriculum must sort out curricular items and school practices into three classes: those which support status interests, those which support vocational interests, and those which support social control interests.