Find all available International Schools in Phuket:
British curriculum
Ages 2 to 18

Kajonkiet International School Phuket

Is this school a perfect match for you?

Tell us your preferences and we’ll calculate your compatibility.

  • Based on 10 different criteria including price and location
  • Fees personalised to your childrens’ ages
CurriculumBritish
Language of instructionEnglish
Age RangeAges 2 to 18
Contact Page:
Social Media:

How would you rate Kajonkiet International School Phuket?

Quick summary of key school information

Language of instruction English
Native English teachers
Extra languages (other than English)
Class sizes Average 22 students / class
Maximum 24 students / class
Extracurricular activities
School bus
School's webpage:
Contact page:
Yearly fees: from: 241,215 ฿
to: 384,610 ฿
Address: 125/1 Soi The Valley 1 Pra phuket Kaew Road Kathu, Phuket, 83120 Thailand
Is this school a perfect match for you?

Tell us your preferences and we’ll calculate your compatibility.

  • Based on 10 different criteria including price and location
  • Fees personalised to your childrens’ ages

All the details about this school in their own words

We have organised the information available for this school into 6 sections and 20 questions. Click or tap on the name of each section to read more.
Number of students

1500

Number of nationalities represented in the school

50

Most common nationality

Thai

Ratio of local students to international students

Approximately 36% of student population is Thai, while the remaining 64% represents 50 nationalities.

Max. number of students per class

At capacity the maximum number of students per class in the Primary School is 20 and in the Secondary School is 24. Classes in EYFS accommodate 16 children. Many lessons consist of class sizes much lower than the capacity, particularly those at IGCSE level.

Average number of students per class

22

Native English speaking teachers

The KIS academic staff is comprised of fully qualified specialist teachers. Most teachers are employed from the UK and Europe, South Africa, New Zealand and North America with the majority being British.

Language support for students not fluent in English

English Additional Language

Additional language classes offered by the school

Thai

Uniform required

Yes

Entry evaluation for students

Admission testing

Brief description of entry evaluation required

Admission testing varies depending on the year group. Generally testing would include, English, Mathematics and an interview. An in-class assessment may be required for younger students. The School is looking for signs of promising academic potential and fully accepts that profiles can be somewhat uneven.

Students can join after academic year begins

Yes

External examinations or assessments available

IGCSE, A Levels

School bus service available

Yes

Dedicated staff/programs for students with special learning needs

KIS is dedicated to meeting the needs of all students so that they are able to access education in an inclusive and nurturing environment. KIS understands that every child has their own unique learning style and it is KIS' job as educators to adapt and suit the personalities of all its students.

Learning support offered

The SEN department at KIS focuses on three components during SEN provision and intervention; student care, parent involvement and staff support, all of which are equally important to the success of students. KIS will endeavour to provide support and services for any student who has special educational needs. KIS hosts 1:1 or small group sessions that focus on particular areas of need, as well as in-class support to assist students in accessing learning within their classroom.

The Special Educational Needs Coordinator will aid collaboration between teachers, parents and guardians, other professionals and its students in order to achieve the best possible educational progression for all.

School provided lunches

Yes

Qualities and characteristics best defining the school

Kajonkiet International School, Phuket is a co-educational day school for children aged 2 to 18. Set in 15 Rai of spectacular grounds, KIS students are part of a friendly, caring community which promotes respect and responsibility.

Teaching approach of the school

KIS aims to create a stimulating and nurturing environment where the children can achieve their full potential.

How would you rate Kajonkiet International School Phuket?

Get in contact with Kajonkiet International School Phuket

This school has not verified their information and contact data and therefore can not be contacted through our database. You can try to contact them directly through their website

Other Schools in Phuket