2 reviews for American German School
- Salary: Compared to other schools in Kuwait, qualified teachers receive a very good package with benefits. Your degree must match your teaching subject as per Kuwait Labor Laws, otherwise you will not even be issued a work visa.
- Size: Class sizes are small which makes learning for students and teachers much more pleasant.
- Administration: The current (2021) school leadership team is understanding and impartial. I knew the old administration of the school and they were not that way.
- Accreditation: The whole school community has worked extremely hard to gain Cognia accreditation. CIS is also planned to be achieved within the next year or two.
- Languages: Teaching three important languages on a daily basis over all age groups is only something AGS and one more school in Kuwait are currently offering.
- Do not forget this is a new school. It is realistic and... read full review
I used to work for AGS, Qualifications: BA in English, MA in Social Work & Project Management Pros: Salary Cons: If you are a parent, I strongly advise you to avoid this school. Students always do projects, which shouldn’t be the main resource of education. German is the second language, but from Grade 1 to Grade 5, students learn the same lessons. In fact they don’t learn anything. If you are a teacher, I strongly advise you to avoid AGS. The only way to stay in the school is if your friend is a principal, VP or HR, and you also have to be a maniac, gossiper, psychopath, uneducated and not qualified. If you passes all these skills you will be promoted too. Unfortunately, the school dismissed many teachers without any notice period, and they even didn’t not payed us for all tickets that they were supposed to pay according to the signed contracts. New HR forced me to work illegall... read full review